Sunday 12 September 2010

Nigella's Chocolate Honey cake

There don't seem to be that many recipes for chocolate cake that have chocolate at their heart. Very often, cocoa is called for instead, sometimes along with instant coffee granules. 

Armed with a cupboard full of tasty ingredients, I was determined to unearth and make a proper chocolate cake. 

I make a point of buying honey whenever I can for its healthy sweetening properties and because it's treat in sadly rarer supply. This Nigella Chocolate Honey Cake was therefore spot on and has a lovely gooey finish. This makes it very hard to produce a clean-looking result, but looks aside, it's one of the most successful cakes I've made. (Bear in mind I'm no baker.)

I substituted the light demerara proportions for a combination of light and dark demerera, caster sugar and muscovado. I'm not sure it made much odds. The one omission was the marzipan bees in the original recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment