Saturday 31 July 2010

Bikes, bees and blogging

The summer has been a scorcher - a month after getting back from a blazing hot week in Greece I'm still pretty tanned. Considering I've often been asked in the past whether I'm Irish due to my fair skin, that's quite a change. 


Much of the past three months have been spent outdoors, cycling, exploring London, but mainly enjoying our garden. There's been an awful lot of pulling up weeds, watering hedges and tending to the vegetables I've had a stab at growing and generally being out and about. No wonder the book-based blog I started up this spring has had so few entries. (I may revive BooksInBed come the autumn and winter nights. Don't be surprised if I don't.) 


Sometimes there are just better things to do than sit in front of a computer crystalising your thoughts about a book into a few paragraphs. I'm sure the odd book recommendation will make its way on to this blog, but there are plenty of other people with well-established blogs and thousands of followers ploughing that particular furrow. 


As the title of this blog suggests, on Rosiewriteshere, you'll find an assortment of things that interest me. Food, travel, local life, gadgets, wildlife, gardening, stuff to make and admire are likely to appear. Today, for example, should be all about bees

No comments:

Post a Comment